Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I need a tattoo.

There are moments when I feel like I need to do something spontaneous to remind me of who I used to be... or who I still am? And it's been a long time. As soon as I got pregnant I was pretty much out of commission because of nausea and vomiting, and then I got really big really fast. It's just been a long time since I felt a free and active part of this fast-spinning world.

So, what should I get? For a tattoo I mean. I want something kind of sailoresque with a feminist slant. I've always kind of liked hearts with arrows going through them. It represents the intensity of love, I think - you know, having so much love in your heart for someone that it almost hurts a little. Does anyone have any other suggestions? And what about body location? I'm not the firmest gal in the world, so I don't want anywhere that's gonna sag a lot.

4 Comments:

Blogger Zelos said...

Nice you'r going to have a tattoo. I just did my first less than a week ago :) I think that if you love the idea of the heart you should do it. Maybe you could include the name of your child... cos this is always going to be a part of you. About location. Hmm... maybe somwhere on your back?

7:15 PM  
Blogger Wes said...

I expect that my name and/or face will be part of the tattoo.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Martha said...

Ha! I was just talking with the husband about getting a baby recognizing tattoo. I joked that I would get Eva Louise in big cholo letters across my back, but I was only half kidding...I actually am toying with a heart with her name, or something equally old timey and corny and sailory!

2:23 PM  
Blogger BitchenStitchen said...

I know this is an old post, but I just found your blog, and after reading this post, I couldn't help myself, LOL. I know EXACTLY what you mean! For me, that feeling tends to come about the beginning of September every year. Last year I went with blue hair, this year I pierced my septum (it flips up, for total concealment at PTA meetings, LOL). As far as your tatto goes, you could get a symbol for the triple aspect of the goddess (maiden, mother, crone). Even if you're not pagan, it's a nice representation of the stages of womanhood. If you want something a bit more centered on your children, you could use the meanings of their names. I wanted something to represent my family, without having their actual names. I went with a celtic lovers tree (two trees, wrapped around each other), to represent my husband and myself, and then had symbols, which stand for what my boys names mean, put around the tree.

Love your blog!

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home