Thursday, October 20, 2005

Baby update

A quick update from yesterday's appointment:

  • Both babies are estimated to be about 4 lbs. 5 oz., both huge for twins of their age (ultrasound was done at 31 wks, 3 days).
  • Cervix went from 1.7 to 1.4.
  • I will be staying on the terbutaline medicine pump until 34 weeks, not 32, and I will continue to monitor contractions in conjunction with that.
  • Baby A's head is still gargantuan (35 weeks big) and is resting upon my funneling cervix as if to say, "I'm ready when you are!"
  • Baby B is lying sideways, just as I suspected- there was an awful lot of squirming going on across the top of my belly!
  • If fFN is negative, fine. If fFN is positive, I may have to be observed in the hospital for a few days. Since the doctor did not call today and it's almost 6PM, it's probably negative.
  • We are hanging in there and hoping now to make it to 34 weeks - a new goal! My doctor's son was born at 34 weeks and only had to spend 5 days in the NICU. His other son was born at 32 weeks and had to stay for 3 weeks. Either way, it's not too bad. Guess we better get that room set up, eh?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! That's a bunch of good news! You can call them the Gargantuan ____ Twins!

(you know, GBT, GGT, or GBGT which starts to look an awful lot like that godforsaken GLBTetc thing..)

(at what point do I know whether I've behaved myself enough to get that secret info... 'cause... um, it's kind of awfully close to not being special early priveleged information anymore and soon, like, EVERYONE'S gonna know their names and sexes and then I won't be so cool. No, you don't have to tell me, really. In reality, I have actually grown far more patient and really barely care at all. Uh-huh. Um. Let's talk about something else. Sooooo... what discount does that school where you worked give?)

Anyway, I just meant to say that it sounds like your babies are as gargantuan as our big baby. I can't believe 4.5 lbs!! That's so good.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Supercallifragilisticexpialidocious!! I love it! Hooray!

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

4.5 lbs! That's great!
-melissa

11:35 AM  
Blogger lagiulia said...

Briar-
What would GBGT stand for? Wouldn't that be like girl-boy-girl twins? You know I'm only having 2, right?! Or do you know something I don't know...

12:41 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Gargantuan Boy Girl Twins

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how my Doppleganger can answer questions for me. Cause we share one weird mind. Except for Disney.

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home