Sunday, October 16, 2005

31 weeks

31 weeks down, 1 or more to go. I have a doctor appointment on Wednesday, and we'll see what the plan of action is then. As I understand it, I will be taken off of the medicine at the completion of 32 weeks and then I may go into labor or may hang on for a while. Weird. But I must make sure I have that straight when I see the doctor. We also get another growth scan on Wed. Hopefully the babies will be just as huge for their age as they were last time!

I am getting a little delirious. 3+ weeks in bed will do that to you, I guess. Like yesterday I watched football for a while. What else? I finished a book about a kid with leukemia - a real upper for someone confined to bed. I watched part of an Italian movie about a 14 year old girl trying to lose her virginity on the Greek island of Ios. Today we're going to pack my bag for the hospital and I'm supposed to work on mix for the labor room to put on my Ipod. I guess I should erase all of the kids' music and choral piano accompaniment I put on there during to year to use in the classroom. I can't think of anything much more annoying than "There's a Hole in My Bucket" coming up in the middle of a painful contraction.

Well, I'm grasping for things to write. Maybe I'll post a picture of my huge, upside-down turtle shell-like belly later. That should be more entertaining than anything I could write at this point.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

Be prepared for an interesting life with twins. I have identical twin boys. They are ten years old now. I remember when I first brought them home I had to keep the oldest son's toenail painting just so we would not mix them up. Eventually we learned to tell them apart. The women in my family were the first ones to. Myself, mom and sister learned it pretty earlier on. My daughter, their father and all the men in my family took a few years to actually figure it out. My daughter is three years older, and she use to always refer to them as the "fat baby" or the "skinny baby." One was always just sllightly heavier than the other. Funny because when they were born (at 36 1/2 weeks) they weighed 5lbs 6 ozs each. I was amazed that they both weighed exactly the same. Anyways have fun with the babies and I'll check back again to see how things are for you.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I'm glad they're hanging IN there and you're hanging in, not totally losing your mind. The Ipod should be a good project.

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the IPod mix, may I suggest:
"Sittin' On A Time Bomb (Waitin' For The Hurt To Come)" by Honey Cone
"Bustin Out" by Rick James
and "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd (if you go for the epidural).
Jeremy suggests the Double Mint theme song...

12:58 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Oh and thank you (NOT!) for putting "Hole in the Bucket" in my head. It's been there about 24 hours now.

(I guess better my head than your laboring one, though!)

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home