Tuesday, February 14, 2006

They will be sorry!

Here is an email I received this morning:

Hello,

Your request to join the pre*miesorg group was not approved.
The moderator of each Y*hoo! group chooses whether to restrict
membership in the group. Moderators who choose to restrict
membership also choose whom to admit.

Please note that this decision is final and that Y*hoo! Groups
does not control group membership.


What the F, man? All I wanted to do was chat with other preemie parents about my babies' needs and progress, and perhaps most importantly the trauma of my NICU and PICU experiences, both of which I am not over. But noooooooooooo. Apparently I'm not special enough to be a part of this elite group of preemie parents. Or something.

What did I do wrong? Is it that I only wrote like one or two sentences in the field in which you're asked to say something about yourself? Was it not enough that I said I had two preemies who spent a month in the NICU and were now home? Perhaps I should have said something about my quest to find the teensiest of organic cotton diapers, or how very touched I am when I look into my precious darlings' eyes each of the 20 times per day I breastfeed. Would that have done it? Or was it just a matter of having too many members already? Yes, I know it's hard to fit us all into that little room down at the local VA center for the monthly meeting. Wait, that can't be it, because it's a freakin' VIRTUAL!

Guess I'll never know why I was rejected since, as you can see from the message,
this decision is final.
But they will be sorry when they find my suicide note, in which I will be sure to include the fact that if I had gotten the support and camaraderie I needed from a certain preemie parent group, things might not have taken such a drastic turn. Oh!, how they will cry and cry.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe there's some mistake. That's really weird. Sorry.

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home