Monday, October 31, 2005

Is it even possible?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think my gargantuan babies may be going through another growth spurt. Either that, or something else is going on. I had visitors on Saturday, and I felt okay. I woke up on Sunday feeling like I'd grown! I stood up and was sooooo uncomfortable and huge in the front. I've been moving at record slow speed since then because I'm feeling so extremely large. Making the journey to the bathroom is now a chore. The other thing that's going on is that I'm having a lot of uterine activity. It's not so much contractions as it is what they call irritability, or tightness that lasts for under 40 seconds. Last time I had this much action and tightness, it turned out to be a growth spurt (we think).The third symptom is fatigue, which I hadn't experienced in a while due to all the rest I'm getting. Yesterday and today I've felt almost sick with tiredness.

But the thing is that twins' growth is supposed to slow down after 32 weeks, unlike singletons. So I really don't know. Of course what always crosses my mind when something out of the ordinary happens is, "Am I going into labor?" And I'm so scared of going into labor without realizing it and then not having time to get to the hospital, which is a 25 minute ride with no traffic. And there is often traffic. I know that people say with your first baby you won't go that quickly, but it is still a huge fear rational or not. How will I know I'm in labor? I've been having contractions forever now. What if I don't notice a difference between the ones I've had and these new ones? What if my water doesn't break?

Taking a deeeeeeeeeep breath.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Could it be that instead of growing they are descending? You know I am talking out of my ass here since you're way ahead of me, but it does seem unlikely that they're growing yet again. Whatever it is, good luck!

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're probably just growing to try to catch up to Baby A's gargantuan head.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

Sounds like maybe they are dropping, as Jen said! You'll make it, don't worry...(of course I say this and it's something I stress over daily, living an hour from the hospital and being due during blizzard season!)

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home